Picnic in a Snap
The idea of picnicking is nostalgic and romantic even; the perfect plaid blanket laid out in a beautiful grassy knoll, an extravagant spread, sandals kicked off, a couple of clouds floating by…. In flies a soccer ball and simultaneously your toddler knocks over your drink. Ok, so picnics can seem like a far-fetched dream, but the truth is they don’t have to be perfect. In fact, here are some tips to make picnicking your go-to summer eve meal.
- Scrap that picnic basket that looks charming but actually only holds about four items. Grab a lightweight, reusable SnapBasket and pop it open. Not only will SnapBasket hold up to 32lbs of delicious fare, it wipes clean and collapses for tidy clean-up.
- Invest in a blanket, it doesn’t even need to be plaid, but it should be durable, easy to wipe clean and easy to fold up. We like this one.
- Pick up some reusable containers that fit well (optimizing the space) in your SnapBasket. These will be the go-to vessels for whatever delicacies (ok, PB&J) you choose and should close tight for mess-free travel. Keep these containers along with some reusable utensils, a mini-cutting board and a couple plastic wine glasses in one place, ready to go.
- Don’t stress about the menu. The best part of picnicking is enjoying the outdoors, family and friends and maybe even a great sunset. Don’t worry about creating an epic charcuterie board every time. You know what makes great picnic fare? Leftovers, any cut-up fruit or veggies paired with dips like hummus or yogurt, and yes, seriously, PB&J or any other simple sandwich. It may seem like a far-out concept but literally EVERY food in your fridge can be made into a picnic.
- That’s it, get out there, head for the beach, park or ballgame and make one night a week picnic night. Keep it simple, you won’t regret it.