Okay, so the baby is born, you’ve swaddled, kissed, and cuddled your beautiful little guy or gal and your heart is oh so very full. Now, we need to work on getting you and baby mobile! We’re going to give you some helpful tips on how to pack your diaper bag so you’re ready for any occasion. Whether you’re heading to the hospital, or leaving the house for the first time, the Lily Diaper Bag is going to be your go-to on the go!
Here’s what you’ll need for the hospital to keep the little fella as comfortable as possible (Parents, you’ll want to bring a bag just for you as well!):
- First and foremost, pack snacks for YOU. Snag the fuel you need to get this baby into the world.
- A few outfits for baby (slightly different sizes just in case) that are comfy and warm since hospitals can be chilly. Make sure they allow easy access for changes
- You may want a special outfit for photos/leaving the hospital as well
- Booties, socks, a hat, and mittens to keep your tiny one toasty warm and scratch-free (their little nails can do more damage than you’d think!)
- A security blanket picked out by a loving family member. This blankie is special because it smells like you and will offer instant comfort to baby
- Newborn size diapers + adult diapers for mama
- Unscented baby wipes
- A bottle if you’d like to bottle feed
- You’ll also need a car seat, but let’s go ahead and leave that one out of the bag
Alright, now you’ve got that new parent glow and you’re ready to take on the outside world. A picnic in the park? A lovely dinner out? We’ve got you covered every step of the way. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Diapers (one for every two hours you’re out plus a few extra)
- Wipes (Look for a travel pack to give yourself more room in the bag)
- Baby cream/ointment (another great item to get in travel sized tubes)
- Lily changing pad (comes included with our Lily Diaper Backpack)
- Empty bag for soiled diapers and/or clothing (Lily Life Hack! Toss dirty clothing in the lower compartment to keep everything in the top clean!)
- Pacifiers (be sure to put these in an extra bag for sanitary purposes)
- Food for baby (whether it’s formula, pumped breast milk, or baby food)
- Change of clothes for baby (and potentially for you)
- Hat (to keep that sweet face protected from a sunburn if you’re outside)
- Light blanket
- Any toys that will keep your tiny tot occupied (this might end up being the goldfish carton)
- Hand sanitizer (it’s 2021, need I say more)
Well parents, I think our work here is done.
Enjoy the newest member of your family and show off your best self with the Lily Diaper Bag. Parents will want to be you and babies will want you to be their parents when they see how functional and fashion forward you are. You’ve got this!