Meet your garage heroes: CleverMade collapsible storage bins and crates!
It happens suddenly… the wind stops blowing, the air feels a touch warmer, the trees start sprouting leaves. [Big exhale of relief] Spring is on its way! Suddenly, your celebration of warmer days ahead is tragically cut short. As you’re packing up your winter gear, you notice how tight a squeeze it is. You think, “Well, we didn’t have this much stuff at the beginning of winter, right?” as you desperately try to wiggle this way and that to find more room that just isn’t there. Finally, you give in and let that dreadful thought enter your mind… Oh yes, it is spring cleaning time, my friend, and your garage is begging you to begin the uncluttering process.
Guess what? Organizing your garage doesn’t have to be as painful as you think. We are going to help you transform your garage nightmare into a drive-in paradise by using CleverMade Collapsible Storage Bins (and a label maker). So, let’s break down the steps:
- Make sure you have plenty of ground space (on the garage floor or the driveway)
- Pull everything off the shelves and dump existing boxes of stuff so your storage area is clear
- Make piles according to how you want to organize. For example: Donations, Trash, Sporting/Workout Equipment, Tools, Kids Toys, and Holiday
- Move everything into its proper pile
- Toss the Trash pile items to get them out of the way asap
- Put the Donations items in a box or bag and push those off to the side
- Label makers at the ready, it’s time to start organizing
Ahh yes, feeling lighter already. Now let’s grab our selection of CleverMade Collapsible Storage Bins to get started. Here are some tips on how to let organization flow:
- Before you start, it’s important to have a game plan for where you want to put everything. No sense in reorganizing while organizing
- Put all of your items in your storage bins before you start stacking/putting them away
- Label them as you go
- Put your most used items in a location that is convenient for you, e.g. bottom shelf should be Kids' Toys, Workout Equipment, Tools, etc.
- Your Holiday gear can be stacked underneath other bins since you’ll only need to get into them once a year
- Pro Tip: When you take the holiday swag out of its bins, fold the bins back down for easy storage until you need to fill them again. No need to make your storage bins take up more of your storage space!
- Feel free to use the lids as desired to ensure no unwanted visitors (we’ll just leave it at that) get into your bins
- If you don’t need to use a lid, simply click it into place on the bottom of your bin to use another time
- SAFETY ALERT: Do not stack more than 3 bins on top of one another and be sure you’re not exceeding the designated weight limit
Voila! Your garage has now been transformed into a happy place. You can thank yourself for purchasing these fabulous bins and go enjoy your clutter-free storage space!
Here are a few of our most popular storage bins and crates for garage organizing:
46 Liter Collapsible Storage Bin
62 Liter Collapsible Storage Bin with Lid
25 Liter Collapsible Milk Crate