We are big fans of celebrating E V E R Y T H I N G like NATIONAL CHILI DAY because we get to share our favorite recipes AND show off our favorite SnapBasket for all things warm and cozy. Our SnapBasket Thermo LUXE keeps your creations warm with its insulated lining - perfect to tote and share your crockpot magic ✨ with friends and family!
Our social media maven here at CleverMade, Brooke Papp, is a queen in the kitchen and shared with us her famous Slow Cooker Chicken Lime Chili recipe to help you celebrate today! She leaves out the magical fruit because of a certain picky husband 😉, BUT any white bean goes great in this delicious recipe. ENJOY!
1 ½ lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1 Tbsp. ghee or avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium bell pepper, any color; diced
1 small jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed and finely diced
6 cloves garlic. minced
2 ½ tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
½ tsp. black pepper
1 ½ cups organic chicken broth (or homemade bone broth)
1 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk*
Juice of ½ lime
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, optional
1. Add onion, peppers, garlic, and spices (cumin through black pepper) to the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables in a single layer.
3. Add broth and place lid on slow cooker. Set heat to LOW and cook 6-7 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker.
5. Turn heat to HIGH. Add coconut milk, stir and replace lid. Continue heating an additional 10-15 minutes or until soup is heated through.
6. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
7. Tote with you to share with friends in family in our SnapBasket Thermo LUXE.
8. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped cilantro, hearty cheddar and lime wedges!
9. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or yummy corn bread!