All mom really wants is quality time with you. Actually, if we're being real here, she probably wants lunch with Hugh Jackman or maybe a foot massage from George Clooney. But that's not happening. So let's fall back on the idea that all she really wants is time with you.
Here are 5 ideas for packing a SnapBasket and sharing time you'll remember for a lot longer than that time she got a foot massage from a creepy old guy with thick stubble and a gravelly voice.
1. Cook your mom's favorite childhood meal together
Your SnapBasket:SnapBasket Thermo
- Your packing list: hit the grocery store and gather the ingredients for her favorite childhood meal.
- For bonus points: write up the recipe and frame it as a keepsake.
2. Start a fresh and floral spring garden
Your SnapBasket:SnapBasket XL
- Your packing list: Seed packets, flower starters, gardening gloves and a wide-brimmed hat. And if you're feeling fancy, throw in a bird feeder.
- Tip: \ which vegetables, plants and flowers thrive in your area this time of year.
3. Drive-up movie or backyard movie viewing
Your SnapBasket: theclassic black and gray
- Your packing list: popcorn (the kernels not the microwave bags) and sweet and salty toppings, Goobers, Junior Mints, your mom's beverage of choice and a couple throw blankets to sit on or curl up in.
- Tip: don't let bugs ruin the mood, consider bug spray or a repellent candle.
4. Do moms like picnics? Heck yes.
Your SnapBasket:SnapBasket Thermo XL
- Your packing list: a plethora of finger foods, chilled chardonnay and glasses (don't forget the corkscrew), napkins, and an oversized blanket.
- Tip: Put some thought into the location. It must have one of the following: a view, a body of water, or an idyllic scene from yesteryear.
5. Make like locavores and visit the Farmer's Market
Your SnapBasket: to fit in with the cool kids, we recommend theever-trendy coral and aqua
- Your packing list: This is fool proof. Nothing. The SnapBasket starts out empty. The experience will entail filling it up with local food, produce and hand-made goods.
- Tip: bring cash. You don't want to have to pass on a pound of loquats because the vendor doesn't have Square.
Okay now go! Go create some memories.